How to post announcements on the website
- To post an announcement to the Roberts Street website, first you need an account with permission. Ask someone on the Website Committee to create an account for you in the role of Collective. Make note of your username and password, then log into the website by clicking Login in the menu.
- You should see a menu item called Create Content and below that Blog. Click on Blog.
- Fill in the Title field with the title of the announcement. You should post each announcement separately rather than all together like we do when we send out announcements over e-mail.
- Under Blog type select News Blog.
- You don't need to enter anything in the Tags fields.
- If you want your event to show up on the Roberts Street events calendar, fill in the date field below. You can just fill in the start date if you want.
- In the Body field, enter the content of the announcement. You will see links appear above the Body field that allow you to apply formatting, such as bolding text and making numbered lists or adding a link. Use these if you want.
- If you want to add an image to the announcement post, first you have to post your image to a site like tinypic.com. Then select the Insert/Edit Image button in the formatting section of the page where you're posting an announcement. Copy the Direct Link for Layouts link from the tinypic.com website and paste it into the URL field of the Image Properties dialogue box that will appear on the Roberts Street website after you click the Insert/Edit Image button. Click OK and your image should be inserted.
- When you are done and ready to post the announcement, scroll to the bottom of the page and click Submit. Or you can look at your page before publishing it by clicking Preview instead.
- To look at your announcement post or other posts, go to the Roberts Street home page.
- If you have any questions, contact website at robertsstreet.org.